Muscular System (9 days) 13 – 23 July 2020price 1080 eur
The muscles establish a tensile three-dimensional grid for the balanced support and movement of the skeletal structure by providing the elastic forces that move the bones through space. They provide the dynamic contents of the outer envelope of flesh encompassing the skeletal structure. Through this system we embody our vitality, express our power, and engage in the dialogue of resistance and resolution.
This course includes:
- Innovative muscle principles (proximal and distal initiation, muscle coupling and currenting, A and B muscles, four stages of a muscle action, eight functions of a muscle).
- Embodying muscles and initiating movement at the molecular level (actin and myosin).
- The embodied functions of proprioceptors (muscle spindles and Golgi tendon organs).
- Analyzing the actions of individual muscles and of groups of muscles from the perspective of one’s position in relation to gravity.
- Interrelationships between muscles in different parts of the body and as they pass through different fascial planes.
- Techniques of muscle re-education and training